Monday, December 1, 2008

Josh Jenkins for City Council!

So, as you may have heard if you are from the Northwest Arkansas area (or if you are just absurdly interested in politics) there was a Josh Jenkins running for city council in Springdale. Just to clear up the rumors, this was NOT me. I have had many enthusiastic parents, students, and coworkers let me know that I have their vote and their full support. Unfortunately, it is not I, but an imposter. Sorry to disappoint.... maybe one day! Whattaya think???

4 comments:

Zak Clark said...

Come on Josh--you lost in a landslide. Don't tuck your tail now :)

Josh Jenkins said...

You kidding? I only lost by 52 votes! :)

I think we should both run next time!

-The "candidate" Josh

Mr. Josh Jenkins said...

Mr. (canidate) Jenkins,

How funny! My wife and I both teach in Springdale and have had people asking (including doctor's offices, my bank, the Applebees I used to work at, etc)since the end of the summer. My only hope is that I gained you more votes than I cost you! Sorry to hear of the final results, but congratulations on a well-run race!

Josh Jenkins said...

Mr. (teacher) Jenkins,

I really appreciate the support! I'm sure you didn't cost me any votes at all -- it probably helped. :)

Best of luck to you; based on the blog it looks like being in your class is pretty awesome.

- The "candiate" Josh